Thanks for the links.  I actually think that I have
been there before, but I'll re-look them over.

I think that my main problem was that the Databases
that are addressed in these articles are the more
robust ones such as Oracle, Sybase,  SQL Server, etc.
Dbase III/IV & MS Access are 3 databases that are used
by several of our systems that I haven't found a
solution for.

DRDA has come up many times, but I have yet to try to
completely understand it (another technology to try
and learn on my own <smile>)and I also believe that it
takes cooperation with the Database provider which
I've looked at in the case with Microsoft.  But I
don't believe they support it or at least not anymore.

Actually a product by RJS, rpg2sql could be a
possibility (RPG) that I haven't checked into yet.
But this means that I will have to request yet another
purchase to enable the iSeries to do the job that can
be done by a PC on our server farm.

Thanks again,
Don McIntyre

--- Vern Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>