> From: rob@xxxxxxxxx
>
> I am a huge iSeries bigot.  However, blanket comparisons with
> Windows does
> nothing.  While it is true that you can run programs written a
> decade ago,
> you'd be hard pressed to run V5R2 on hardware from a decade ago.

You absolutely CANNOT run Windows XP on a 10 year old PC.  So what's your
point?

> And as far as the "Scratch reloads" go.  It get's pretty close.  How many
> have experienced "Link Loader" issues or other some such thing and have to
> reinstall LIC, and all ptfs?  Depending on your threshold for pain, your
> answer may be "too many".

I'm the only person I know personally that has ever had to do a LIC reload.
Some people on this list have more problems in a year than many of my
clients have had in their entire careers.  You, in fact, have more problems
than any other person I have ever seen in my life, Rob.  It seems that every
possible problem that could occur on an iSeries happens to you.  And I'm not
saying this in any sort of mean way, because I learn from your mistakes!

Joe