Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 09:52:05 -0400
From: "Carl Galgano" <cgalgano2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Getting lic keys for 4.5

I have a client that has a box at 5.1.  The box has been upgraded under
software subscription from 3.7, 4.2, 4.4, 4.5 and finally 5.1.  For a
business reason that is not relevant, they would like to put this box back
to version 4.5.  I was surprised to find out from IBM yesterday that they
would not issue a key for the OS, nor the 3 lic programs that are on the
box.  They said that even though the box WAS under software subscription,
that they can not move this box backwards and get a key.  I also talked to a
business partner about the same and they confirmed IBMs position on this.
To me it seems rather stupid that if the box WAS under software sub, and had
previously been at this OS level, that I should be able to return.  Anyone
have any ideas as to how to get around this?
cjg

Carl J. Galgano
EDI Consulting Services, Inc.
550 Kennesaw Avenue, Suite 800