Jim got the point, but please Doug don't misunderstand my
statement, we use PSF and are very happy with it (IBM
LISTEN!!).
AFP Toolbox requires it but in exchange PSF keep the
traffic volume on our network quite low. One of our
customers issues thousands of pages via PSF with a lot of
graphics and everything is smooth. What else? Keep in mind
that Host Print Transform it's cpu wasting only if you
declare functions like using raster fonts or similar thus
forcing the OS/400 to convert graphics and characters in
"bitmap" objects.
Just come up a thought: Twinax and the Enterprise/Standard
edition. To be honest I never cleared up if 5250 activity
is in some way chained to twinax support. If so the next
byte can be much more painful.

Marco