Jim,

I agree with you when you say "Seems kind of scary to me."  If the
messages are hitting too fast to wrap, then you've got a serious issue
with your application.  What is it doing that buries the queue in
messages?

As an alternative, would it be possible to write a break-handling program
to receive and delete the meaningless messages?  I've always been leery
of deleting/renaming IBM-Supplied objects.  If the messages are coming in
that fast, I would also be hesitant to allow the queue to grow without
some maximum.  I do believe that you're correct that you cannot change
the size parameter of a message queue; unless there's an API I'm not
familiar with.

Regards,
Andy Nolen-Parkhouse