Hi Folks,

WHAT a day... The neighborhood that one of our sites is in had a 3 hour
power outage during the night last night. When power was restored our
Perle 494 diskette drive was acting up. So I headed there (1 1/2 hours
one way with road construction...) with an extra 494E. We are on a frame
relay network, 494E's have an Ethernet card in them and the twin-ax
feature. Cisco routers. PC's were fine since they bypass the 494E. Dumb
terminals and systems printers were dead. So I swap things out, restore
the config, and - not exactly nothing, but close... The 494E comes
ready, I can ping it, the Control Unit on the AS/400 come active and the
terminals and printers do nothing... Terminals have left hand cursors...
All shows VARY ON PENDING.  On QSYSOPR I get "CPF9366 Session start
request failed for device RM11 on controller RM080RMT." (just an example
for Device RM11 - I get this for ALL devices...)

                         Additional Message Information

 Message ID . . . . . . :   CPF9366       Severity . . . . . . . :   40

 Message type . . . . . :   Diagnostic

 Date sent  . . . . . . :   04/09/03      Time sent  . . . . . . :
17:00:51

 Message . . . . :   Session start request failed for device RM11 on
controller
   RM080RMT.

 Cause . . . . . :   The request to start a session for a device RM11 on

   controller RM080RMT using mode QRMTWSC on APPC device RM0801 failed.
This is
   a possible configuration problem.

 Recovery  . . . :   The Mode QRMTWSC might be incorrect. Compare the
active
   number of sessions with the configured session limit of mode QRMTWSC

   (DSPMODSTS command). If they are equal, increase the maximum sessions

   (MAXSSN) parameter of the mode description (CHGMODD command). Make
sure the
   maximum sessions (MAXSSN) and maximum conversations (MAXCNV)
parameters are
   at least one greater than the number of devices attached to
controller
   RM080RMT. The locally controlled sessions (LCLCTLSSN) should be equal
to or    greater than the number of devices attached to controller
RM080RMT.
     There might be a problem in the APPN network.

     Correct the problem and the system will retry activation.

 Technical description . . . . . . . . :   The request to start a new
session
   failed with Systems Network Architecture (SNA) sense code
X'00000000'. A
   sense code of 00000000 indicates that there is no sense code for this
error.
   Descriptions of SNA sense codes are available in the IBM SNA Formats,

   GA27-3136 and in the APPN Support book, SC41-5407.

     Check the QSYSOPR message queue for message CPP1236. This message
can
   provide additional information about the failure.

I did increase the max # of sessions from 56 to 100 and no luck.

So I deleted everything for this site and let it auto configure - and it
CREATED the control unit AND THE DEVICES but they are VARY ON PENDING...

Arghhhh...

Any ideas ?

Thanks !

Chuck