I recently removed *ALLOBJ from a group of people here.  Seems they have
this EDI process (of which they informed me I originally wrote it years
ago).  This EDI process takes a save file full of files and restores them
to QTEMP.  This allows the files to be empty, with the logicals pointed
right, and in QTEMP.  If they try to submit a run 'on-the-fly' versus
using the scheduled method (which runs a lot of stuff they don't want for
this interrupted recovery), then they will get an error CPF3757.  Seems
that the files are owned by a particular user of which they do not have
access to.  According to the CPF3757 I either grant them add authority to
that user profile, or I give them *SAVSYS special authority.

The concern I have with *SAVSYS is that I believe that they could save
sensitive data and restore it to a system of which they have higher
authority.  (Physically possible without leaving their desk.)

I want to make sure that if I give them the authority they need to the
user profile owning the objects that they do not adopt any of the special
authority given to that user profile.  We had a fiasco here in which these
people were given that profile as a supplemental group and lo and behold
they now had all special authority that the group profile had, including
*ALLOBJ.
What, exactly, does CPF3757 mean by add authority?

Pro's and con's either way?

Please change subject if you respond to anything below this line.

I know that we violated a few things here, but we are trying to clean them
up.  Like group profiles should not run jobs.  For example EDIONR may be a
valid group profile.  But the scheduled jobs should run under something
else, like EDIJOB.
CHGUSRPRF USRPRF(EDIONR)
          PASSWORD(*none)
          USRCLS(*USER)