Thanks for all the replies so far.  I get the gist of it now.

O.k., I pulled out the SQL reference and see it talking about all the joins,
but what I don't see
is any reference to the type of join I'm trying to do.  I believe it is
basically an Inner join,
only want to get back rows for which data exists in both files.  However, I
have a nasty twist to
this.  Referring back to the SQL:
 FROM      PQPROD/PESTCCP T01,
           PQPROD/PTBLCCP T02,
           PQPROD/PJOBHDR T03
 WHERE     T03.CMPNUM = T02.CMPNUM
   AND     T01.CCPTYP = T02.TBLID
   AND     T01.CCPNUM = T02.CCPNUM
   AND     T01.JOBNUM = T03.JOBNUM
   AND(    T01.JOBNUM = 'TACM0170'
   AND     T02.CSTTYP = 'C')

T01 is the big table, and I need to go after the T02 row using Company#, Table
ID, and CCP#.
Unfortunately, the Company# doesn't exist in the T01 table, so I have to use
the Job# in T01 to
join T03 in order to get the Company#.  (Believe me, I understand that the
database design on this
is lacking, but, essentially, the Job# is *ALWAYS* unique, even across
different company numbers.)
 So, it would appear that there are two joins to do here, but I have no clue
how to accomplish it.
 Any help here?  Even pointers to a specific FM reference would be appreciated.

TIA, Dan