Chuck,
I recently spent some time with the JDE system and the SEQUEL software from
Advanced Systems Concepts (www.asc-iseries.com). This client now has the job
scheduler system run a CL program that produces the following reports or
spreadsheets via email:
1.    Each Friday AM, a sales rep gets an aging report showing each of
his/her customers.
2.    Tuesday thru Saturday AM, a sales rep gets a report showing orders
placed by his customers the previous day.
3.    Tuesday thru Saturday AM, the sales management team gets a list of
orders from the previous day where the dollar value is over $5,000.
4.    Each Tuesday AM, the customer service reps get a spreadsheet of the
open orders for which they are responsible, sorted in descending order by
age.
5.    This client runs 24x7. Each day, the warehouse folks get a report
showing the new items that the sales management/purchasing team added the
day before.
6.    This is the coolest one. Many orders are direct shipped from this
client's suppliers. When their EDI system gets notification of shipping,
this notification also contains a link to the Fed Ex or UPS tracking system.
We set things up so that the end customer gets an email containing the
shipping info plus the link to the package tracking system. This email goes
out in HTML format, so the embedded link is clickable.

The list goes on. One thing to note is that the only RPG program in this
entire scenario is the one that populates the file containing the shipping
information. Everything else was done with CL and the SEQUEL product(s).

If your iSeries is on the same network as your email server, you won't have
a problem. The software uses the built-in SMTP capability. You can use it
even if you're running Domino under the covers.

Contact me off-line for more details.

Paul Nelson
Arbor Solutions, Inc.
708-670-6978 Cell