Rick,

>Is this old fashioned office edict a dying dinosaur? Are people just
>producing multiple laser copies, one form type, one color and distributing

I heard you can buy reams of paper pre-collated with each sheet in a rotating
set of two or more colors.  I don't know what the price penalty factor is, since
I've never shopped for it.  In this scenario you'd want each page to be printed
n times consecutively, not using the COPIES(n) on the PRTF.

Most laser printers have the ability to produce n copies per page internally.
It builds up the page image just once using the data stream sent to the printer,
then (re)prints n copies before going on to the next page's worth from the data
stream.

But I'd seriously reconsider why multiple copies are needed.  Probably only the
customer copy really needs to be printed.  The salesman copy can be emailed, and
the corporate file copy can be archived in other ways so it can just be pulled
up at anyone's workstation rather than even needing the file cabinet copy.

Doug