Carl / Zak,

>It is on the motherboard, I believe there are 3 slots for memory SIMS.  Be
>careful, I have broken the clips before.

I think it is three *pairs* on the 400, and four pairs on my 40S.  Each slot in
a given pair must be populated with the same size memory stick (eg feature 3110
for 64MB).  Different pairs can have different sizes.   The 9402-400 maxes out
at 192MB (three 3110 feature codes, which is 6 sticks of memory).

As I recall (but it has been a few years), the pairs were vertical.  IE, on my
40S there were two rows of 4 slots, and I think the 400 has two rows of 3 slots.
Populate a vertical column of slots, starting from the left as you face it.

As I recall...

Doug