from a previous post (long ago)
Any recommendations for replacing OV. We only use it
for 20 or 30 batch generated letters with data merge.
No images, but many font changes. Would like something
simple. Users went to Word long ago, but OV kept going
because it's "hands-off". Any ideas?
jim

I have had many customers ask me this exact question.  Lots of AS/400 folks
are only still using the "letters (in Word) with data (DB2/400) merge"
capability of OV/400.  There are two business partners who offer
alternatives to the Data-Text Merge function of OV/400.  Here's the info,
and a redbook.  One of the solutions requires Domino, the other does not.

Business Partner solutions that were created to mirror some of the unique
OV/400 functions. Please check out the following referenced materials and
sites to assist with these migrations:

The redbook can be located at http://www.redbooks.ibm.com.  The title and
order number are "How to Replace OfficeVision/400 in Your Applications:
Looking at Domino for AS/400and AS/400 Alternatives", SG24-5406-00.

The following web sites are very good:

     http://www.dominodotoffice.com  (good overall information - FAQs - but
also information on business partners in different areas of the world who
have      expertise in helping OV users to migrate to alternatives.  Links
to the three alternative providers listed below are on this web site)

     http://www.bluenotes.com          (provide a datatext merge solution
based on Lotus notes)

     http://www.inventivedesigners.com (provide a data-text merge function
based on a 5250 text editor or a GUI-based text editor, such as Lotus Notes
               or MS Word, that works with OV documents & applications)"

     http://www.aia.nl    (provide a data-text merge function based on
client editors)

Barbara Berryman/  iSeries-AS/400 ebusiness Solutions Team/  IBM, Denver,
CO, USA/
baberry@xxxxxxxxxx/Voice:  303-773-5006  /Fax:  303-773-5436/Cell:
303-887-3749/tie:  656/