Do this:

Dcl &cmdstring *char 2000
Chgvar &cmdstring '?YourCMD  ??parm1(X) ?-parm2(Y)'
Call qcmdchk(&cmdstring 2000)

QCMDCHK will return the completed command string.  You can use conditional
prompting ("??", "?-", etc.) to control what's seen/changeable by the user.
If you remove the initial "?", not prompting takes place.  Review the
QCMDCHK API for details.

-reeve