James Rich,

You speak the truth about iSeries SMTP serving.

Has anyone found a good source for error recovery from the SMTP not
sending?

Normally I try steps like
ENDMSF
ENDTCPSVR *SMTP
STRTCPSVR *SMTP
STRMSF

and if that doesn't work,

ENDMSF
ENDTCPSVR *SMTP
STRTCPSVR *SMTP
STRMSF *RESET

which isn't so bad.  But sometimes you resort to:

ENDMSF
ENDTCPSVR *SMTP
STRTCPSVR *SMTP
STRMSF *CLEAR

Which basically says "I didn't give a rip about those hundreds of emails
to our users and customers, just trash them.".

If no one has a good source, care to write up a faq and post it to
faq.midrange.com?

I am getting sorely tempted to find someone who has written a call to the
Domino api's to send out an email.  At least from there you get better
message tracking.

Benjamin Franklin

James Rich <james@eaerich.com>
Sent by: midrange-l-bounces@midrange.com
01/31/2003 02:12 PM
Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion