Joe,

I don't question the accuracy of your table, it looks good.  I'm choosing
to focus on the change in pricing, rather than the fact that we still
have to pay for interactive.  Your listed low-end 810 (1020 CPW) shows a
price for the enterprise package of $68,000.  I just looked up the price
for an interactive feature card for an 820 which would provide 1050
Interactive CPW (feature code #1526); the cost was $530,000.  To get half
that amount (560 Interactive CPW, feature code #1525), cost $315,000 on
an 820.

So while it's still there, the reduction is dramatic.  Someone who
purchased 120 Interactive CPW on an 820 spent $80,000.  Those who had the
35 or 70 CPW Interactive Feature cards spent less than $68,000; they will
end up spending more for the Enterprise package, assuming the software is
of no value.

I don't want to try to justify IBM's pricing scheme, I'm still trying to
understand it.  But when you look at the revenue stream which will no
longer be coming into Rochester for those high-end Interactive machines,
they must be planning on making it up in volume - that's a good thing.

Regards,
Andy Nolen-Parkhouse