Believe me, I want to - and I would if I could be assured that it wouldn't
negatively impact one of our webservers which does some very intensive SQL
searches (via Net.Data).

<rob=tksaTn4SAz0AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote in message
OF609D6859.87894046-ON05256CB5.006FF8E3-05256CB5.006FEB1A@dekko-1">news:OF609D6859.87894046-ON05256CB5.006FF8E3-05256CB5.006FEB1A@dekko-1...
> Why not move the NT based Domino server to your iSeries?
>
> Rob Berendt
> --
> Benjamin Franklin
>

> "Tom Hightower" <tomh=WgFEu9fVc9EAvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
> Sent by: midrange-l-bounces=Zwy7GipZuJhWk0Htik3J/w@public.gmane.org
> 01/21/2003 02:50 PM
> Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
>
>         To:     midrange-l=Zwy7GipZuJhWk0Htik3J/w@public.gmane.org
>         cc:
>         Fax to:
>         Subject:        Re: SMTP exit program?
>

> Well, I need to do _some_ relaying because our NT-based Domino server is
> hiccuping way too much (especially since I installed the latest security
> patches), and we rely on it for email for several sites.  So... I relay
> all
> SMTP that comes in to our Domino server out to the SMTP on the 400.  It
> works, but my ability to monitor the email is gone for the most part.
>
> If I could just write an RPG program to verify the from/to addresses, that
> would go along way towards keeping us off of the various block-lists.
>
> "Carl Galgano"

<cgalgano2=fOf3fY9wURcg9ELcbhaJlAC/G2K4zDHf=XMD5yJDbdMReXY1tMh2IBg@public.gm
ane.org>
> > Tom:
> > Isn't this the very nature of turning off relaying on the SMTP server? I
> > know there are lots of threads in the archives as to how to block and
> open
> > relay.  Blocking an open relay will not however log people that are
> TRYING
> > to use your SMTP server.
> > cjg
> >
> > Carl J. Galgano
> > EDI Consulting Services, Inc.
> > 550 Kennesaw Avenue, Suite 800
> > Marietta, GA  30060
> > (770) 422-2995 - voice
> > (419) 730-8212 - fax

mailto:cgalgano=fOf3fY9wURcg9ELcbhaJlAC/G2K4zDHf=XMD5yJDbdMReXY1tMh2IBg@publ
ic.gmane.org
> > http://www.ediconsulting.com
> > AS400 EDI, Networking, E-Commerce and Communications Consulting and
> > Implementation
> > http://www.icecreamovernight.com
> > Premium Ice Cream Brands shipped Overnight
> >
> > "You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know" - rw

midrange-l-bounces=Zwy7GipZuJhWk0Htik3J/w=XMD5yJDbdMReXY1tMh2IBg@public.gman
e.org

[mailto:midrange-l-bounces=Zwy7GipZuJhWk0Htik3J/w=XMD5yJDbdMReXY1tMh2IBg@pub
lic.gmane.org] On