Try going into SQL via STRSQL
Key in CONNECT  (or press F4 and take option 5)
Take Option 1 (Remote)  Press enter
Press F4 for a list of servers to see what shows up.
If your SQL Server doesn't show up you may have to ADDRDBDIRE to add the
Data Base.

You should be able to connect.   Try a SELECT Statement.

Get it to work interactively then embed it in an RPGIV program.

John Carr

A site for those looking for a Integral approach to reality..

http://www.integralinstitute.org/home.cfm

or for some fun..

http://www.gwbush.com/store/
http://www.gwbush.com/

Hi All,

We have a requirement to read data resident on a
Windows 2000 SQL Server, from a RPG program running on
the AS/400. Somebody pointed the way to Host
Integration server running on the Win2K server as the
way to go.

1. Is this the way to go ?
2. Are there other ways to do this ?

Regards