> Adam Lang
>Ok, well part of the problem also is, how do we tell what we are
>deleting?  We did wrklib QDOC and there wasn't any useful info in
>regards to what those objects are.

I'm not sure how much or how little you understand about documents and
folders.  The old PC file system is stored in "shared folders" mappable to
PC systems.  It was a pseudo-file system imposing a multi-level directory
structure on top of the normal AS/400 libraries and objects.  Performing a
WRKFLR *ALL gives you the starting place for the folders and documents.  It
will allow you to drill to lower level folders and the documents contained
within.  The QDOC library shows how these documents are manifested within
the traditional file system library/object structure.  You're right -- QDOC
isn't terribly meaningful.

If you're running RTVDSKINF regularly you can report on the documents in
QDOC by querying the QUSRSYS/QAEZDISK file for objects in library QDOC,
viewing the folder path and object size.  I usually sort and break by path
name totaling size and counting objects.  If you're not running RTVDSKINF
you might consider doing it.  It will run for quite a long time if you've
got a lot of storage (or a slow processor) and it can lock some files,
particularly if you've got files with many multiple members.  We run it in
the "off hours".

It sounds like you've got some package or function regularly dumping stuff
to folders and you need to get a handle on which processes are creating
these files.

-Jim

James P. Damato
Manager - Technical Administration