Does your userId have authority to the IFS Path?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark Walter
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
Hanover Wire Cloth a div of CCX, Inc.
mwalter@hanoverwire.com
http://www.hanoverwire.com
717.637.3795 Ext.3040
/"\
\ /
/ \

|--------+-------------------------------->
|        |          "Chevalier, Rick"     |
|        |          <Rick.Chevalier@americ|
|        |          redit.com>            |
|        |          Sent by:              |
|        |          midrange-l-admin@midra|
|        |          nge.com               |
|        |                                |
|        |                                |
|        |          11/27/2002 10:06 AM   |
|        |          Please respond to     |
|        |          midrange-l            |
|        |                                |
|--------+-------------------------------->

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:     "'midrange-l@midrange.com'" <midrange-l@midrange.com>
                              |
  |       cc:
                              |
  |       Subject:     RE: Running a VB program from the AS/400 IFS
                              |

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Thanks for the information.  I was trying to use the system name instead of
the IP address and didn't have the root directory at all.

I now have a different issue however and because this is new ground for us
as far as I know I am not sure where to look next.  Using this command
STRPCCMD PCCMD('\\10.192.3.200\home\rcheva1\testexcel.exe') I receive the
message 'Access is denied' in a DOS(?) pop up window but I don't know where
the denial is happening.  I have the directory mapped to a PC drive and can
run the program from the PC just fine.  The authority attributes on
TESTEXCEL.EXE are *RWX which I believe to be the highest level of access.

Can anyone help with where to look to track down the cause?