Mike

Here's what IBM says:

Workstation (minimum requirements)
·       IntelŪ PentiumŪ II, 600MHz processor recommended
·       256MB (512MB recommended)
When using the IBM WebSphere Application Server test environment, a minimum
of 512MB required; when using the CODE and VisualAge RPG classic tools, a
minimum of 128MB required
·       1.4GB hard drive space
·       Additional 500MB of temporary hard drive space needed during
product installation
·       VGA display 800x600 (1024x768 recommended), 256 colors
·       CD or DVD drive
·       Mouse or other pointing device

I'm running 98SE on an AMD K-III 500mhz processor with 256meg memory at
home. Am using the Eclipse client for a front end to CODE/400 - for some
reason, CODE Project Organizer can't launch CODE - my machine has been much
too modified over the years. ;-) I've ordered another 128meg of memory.

At work, XP on a Dell of some sort, from about a year ago. Probably around
1gig processor, 256meg memory - not enough.

We are moving toward full use of this product. Other machines at work are
433mhz, 64meg, 98SE, on which I installed the WDT 5.1 client - runs OK, but
barely. But not a chance for the WDSC client.

At a lab at IBm PartnerWorld, I was working on a 256meg machine, not sure
the processor, Win2K. We were using all the stuff, including the WAS test
environment - excruciatingly painfully slow from time to time - minutes to
refresh. Apologies were made, but not even IBM buys enough power to run
this thing - are we all supposed to do that, too?

So, get all the horsepower you can. If limited and not on XP, install the
older client and just use the classic tools for now. Esp. if you don't need
WebFacing and other WAS stuff yet.

HTH

Vern