From: Sam Kanakanui [mailto:skanakanui@triad.rr.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2002 12:07 PM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: V5R1 upgrade

Hi,
I have scanned the archives but have not seen a reference to my question
regarding V5R1.  In reading the Memo to Users, under 2) OS/400 operating
system, item 2b.i)  Output file changes says  "Changes made to output files
for the V5R1 release may affect your applications.  When fields are added to
the end of the previous record format, you should specify no level checking
(LVLCHK(*NO)) so your applications run the same as the did previously."

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't understand this.  Is this referring
to display or printer files?  Does it mean any changes I make to these file
types created before V5R1 will need to have LVLCHK(*NO) when they are
compiled for the rest of their life?  Please help.

Thanks,
Sam Kanakanui