Marco,

I can't locate any references to a 2470 Disk Controller, could you check
your feature codes?

Assuming that your controller has write-cache, and assuming that your
program received notification that your record(s) had been updated (the
paper evidence), then the updates should have been held in the
controller's non-volatile memory and applied at the following IPL.  If
the two previous assumptions are correct, then something is wrong with
the system.  On most controllers, the write-cache is battery-powered.
If the battery is dead, you will not have a functioning cache.

Regards,
Andy Nolen-Parkhouse