WOW !   This is one of the best things that I have seen with the Grid in
my 12 years going to COMMON conferences.  I thought it was worth letting
everyone know about it.  I played with it last night, and was able to
generate my entire schedule, its really cool.

What the heck am I raving about, its these personal grids that you can
build off the COMMON website http://www.common.org .    I went in,
selected the courses I was interested in from the FERs (Focused
Educational Roadmaps), and then went to COSs (Course of Study) selected
more classes, and then put in some Labs, and once I had selected
everything I wanted, then went back to the Grid to refine it. You don't
have to do it that way, that was the way I did.  You can select by
course if you want, or in any order.  If you are a speaker or a
volunteer, it already has "your" sessions set up for you. It makes your
life so much easier.  I like to see technology used to make things
easier, and this is click and add, and very visual from a functional
perspective.  Hats off to the developers.

Its right on the front page, check it out. If you have registered
already for the conference go make your personal grid, if you haven't
registered yet, make your grid, and you will definitely want to attend.
 I think using the grid and planning ahead, I will get more out of the
conference, than the way I usually use Greenstreak to pick my classes.

Hopefully for the next conference, we will be able to download that Grid
to my calendar on my Palm Pilot, then  I would be very very happy!
Its worth checking out.

Pete Massiello