Mehdi,

If you are using client access, just open your client access terminal,
click communications (menu), then take the configure option. Change the
workstation ID to whatever you'd like your printer to be called on the
AS400, then change "Type of emulation" to "printer", then click the Setup
button. I've actually had better results by using the windows printer
support, but if you wish to use host print transform (it's required for
some things) click the "Transform print data" checkbox, and refer to
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.NSF/acf2ee1e9d64b16e8625680b00020389/b44a2cf4ba778d83862568250053649f
for setup details from IBM for many 3rd party printers, including Epson.
Don't forget to Save AS (NOT Save) when you're done, or you'll toast your
terminal session definition.

If you're not connecting via Client Access, you can still set up your
printer, but you'll need to (probably) configure it from the AS400, using
the CRTDEVPRT (or possibly the CRTOUTQ, but that's a whole 'nuther story)
command. The instructions mentioned above will also give you information
that you'll need while doing that.

Since I can't get very explicit here, it'll take some experimenting on your
part, but it's not really all that difficult, once you've decided how you
wish to proceed.

At 06:43 08/25/2002, Mehdi wrote:
>I have an EPSON LQ1170, that is connected to my PC.
>
>How can I print to this printer through the AS400 applications?
>
>We have some printers which are directly connected to AS400, and we are
>now printing on this devices, but I have an IP address, and I think that I
>can print on my printer.

Pete Hall
pbhall@ameritech.net
http://www.ameritech.net/users/pbhall/index.html