Hello:

Here you go:

Alternative ONE:
============
You could just write any CL program to automate the sequence of
commands you desire, (such as reversing the commands in your
QSTRUP *PGM), and then simply use the OS/400 Job Schedule
(WRKJOBSCDE) to "schedule" when you want this job to run!

Alternative TWO:
============
Use the "Operational Assistant" features of OS/400, as follows:

Use the Operational Assistant "Clean-up" functions...

Type GO ASSIST to see the Operational Assistant menu, and
then select option "11. Customize your system" (or GO SETUP)
and then option "2. Cleanup options".

or GO CLEANUP to see the Clean-Up options.

You can select "1. Change cleanup options", where you can
specify "Y" for "Yes" you want cleanup to run at the scheduled time, and you
can select *SCDPWROFF if you want cleanup to
run just before the scheduled Power Off of your system (see below).

You can press Help on any of the "Clean-up" menus to read about  customizing
the clean-up process. Here below is more or less what
it tells you to do.

1. Retrieve the source for QEZUSRCLNP as follows:

RTVCLSRC QSYS/QEZUSRCLNP SRCFILE(QGPL/QCLSRC)

2. Modify this exit program source to suit, and then recompile it into QSYS.

3. use the CHGCLNUP command (or the menu option above)
to change the system clean-up options, to "schedule" when you
want the "clean-up" job to run, and when it runs, it will invoke your "user
exit" to "clean up user  objects" (the program above).

Next, you type "GO POWER"  (or GO SETUP and select option 3)
to set up your "power-on power-off" schedule.  Here you specify
whether you want to power-off and power-on your OS/400 system
automatically once a day, once a week, etc.

NOTE: say you specified to power down at 11:55 PM each day, and
on the "Cleanup Options" panel,

That should do it! :-)

Regards,

Mark