From: "Tom Liotta" <qsrvbas@netscape.net>
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2002 4:16 PM
Subject: RE: Dumb Q - SAVF to NT

Vern:

FTP direct to /QNTC, hum? If it works, I like it.

However... I've been battling /QNTC issues for a couple months through PID
(or PWD or whatever it's called this month) and no hint of resolution yet.
The best defense I've seen is to have as many alternative sequences as you
can possibly get. Different sequences seem to work depending on whether you
go with text or binary, or AS/400 to AS/400, or AS/400 to Win2K, or V5R1 to
any, or V4R5 to any, or Java versus ILE RPG, etc., etc.

I began with the streamfile APIs in ILE RPG and expanded from there
depending on the combination of source and destination systems and operating
system version/release/fix levels. As long as I stick with a known source
and a known destination, I can make it work. But once the solution needs to
install on "any" AS/400 and transport through /QNTC to a destination that is
dependent upon the network path given, the single solution becomes
unpredictable.