[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

Greetings,

I would like to apologize to the list for not putting in a subject line for my
first posting.

Dan wrote:

>Does mainframe = AS/400 in your equation?

Yes, the AS/400 V4R4 does fit into the equation.

>If the big question is "why don't blank lines show up when viewing printer
output on a display", then the answer is that DSPSPLF (Display Spool File), or
option 5 on WRKSPLF, never shows blank lines.

Yes, that is one of the big questions. The other is is there some way to set
up some type of printer queue so that a local printer (on a windows machine)
could be able to print these jobs out?

>Blank lines will, however, print appropriately on paper.

That is what my instructor informed me about.

> If you are unable to print to paper, and need to see blank lines when
viewing a spool file, you will need to do some programming to accomplish this,
and avoid the DSPSPLF altogether. Something else to keep in mind... When doing
any overprinting, including underlining text, DSPSPLF will not show all of the
overprinted line. Usually, when underlining text, the text disappears and the
underline shows on the display."

Would you mind to point me into the right direction on where/how I could
accomplish this type of programming that would be needed? Also, possibly a
code snippet? I do not know the extent of the programming needed, but I would
like to learn all I can.

What I am concerned about in taking these programming classes is that learning
how to make all of these reports look like the way there are suppose to look
in the book, plus getting experience in learning the fundamentals behind
creating these reports and learning the language.

I am eager to learn all I can.

Thanks,

Eric --

Sign-up for your own FREE Personalized E-mail at Mail.com[1]

Get 4 DVDs for $.49 cents! plus shipping & processing.Click to join[2].