From: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com
[mailto:midrange-l-admin@midrange.com]On Behalf Of David Gibbs
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2002 2:49 PM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: *** ADMIN: SPAM

Folks:

As many of you are aware ... I'm rather militant when it comes to spam.
Even more so when the spammers are associated with the AS400 / iSeries
community.
I would like to make it PERFECTLY clear ... I don't tollerate spam.
Anyone who is caught mining mailing lists I host for addresses for
unsolicited commercial email will be dealt with most decisively (and I
ain't talking about having to maintain a piddly program).
Even people ASSOCIATED with spammers are subject to my wrath.

I'm sorry ... there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to send someone
commercial email if they did not request it.
Just so it's understood ... opt-out mail lists are a sham (especially when
the opt-out request is sent to a program, like a mailing list server).
Vendors ... if you are sending out a mailing, do the following ...

1. Check, double check, and tripple check, your mailing list database ...
make sure you know where each email address came from.
2. If you get your mailing list from a outside vendor, ensure they aquired
the addresses by professional means.
3. When you sent out the mail, clearly identify where the persons email
address was aquired.
4. Make sure your mail system will accept all messages requesting removal
and handle the requests in an automated fashion.  Send positive
confirmation that the persons email address was removed.  Provide a human
beings email address and phone number in case problems are encountered.
If you have any questions about this, feel free to contact me PRIVATELY.

david