Until we were acquired by a much larger bank, our AS/400 shop was me. Its not
so much the size of the job, but the fact that auditors are the ones stating
this fact. I'm assuming that banks have far stricter controls, but with what
happened to Enron, and with people scrutinizing accounting princoples and
practices, it wont be long before "shops" start being scrutinized.

>>> "Hector Sanchez" <hsanchez@driscollchildrens.org> 06/03/02 03:50PM >>>
I work for a Children's Hospital in South Texas.  We are a pretty small shop as
far as the AS/400 goes.  3 programmers and 2 operators.  I used to work for our
Electric Utility and in a much bigger shop.  None of the Programmers/Analyst
had Security Rights to Change Live Objects, Source Code or Files.  Everything
was done in Test and we had someone in charge of Change Control to move
everything over once we got the proper signatures.

Recently we had an I/S audit and the auditors are requiring us to use some form
of Change Control.  The other 2 programmers are very much against this and so
far we have avoided doing such.  So my question is this, are most 400 shops
small and dont do Change Control, or are we unique in not doing so?

Hector Sanchez