From: Hector Sanchez [mailto:hsanchez@driscollchildrens.org]
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2002 2:50 PM
To: MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com
Subject: Change Control

I work for a Children's Hospital in South Texas.  We are a pretty small shop
as far as the AS/400 goes.  3 programmers and 2 operators.  I used to work
for our Electric Utility and in a much bigger shop.  None of the
Programmers/Analyst had Security Rights to Change Live Objects, Source Code
or Files.  Everything was done in Test and we had someone in charge of
Change Control to move everything over once we got the proper signatures.

Recently we had an I/S audit and the auditors are requiring us to use some
form of Change Control.  The other 2 programmers are very much against this
and so far we have avoided doing such.  So my question is this, are most 400
shops small and dont do Change Control, or are we unique in not doing so?

Hector Sanchez