Dave,

The DSPLOG command has a parameter to specify job name and message ID.
If you were to execute this command on a regular basis, specifying a
start and end date/time, you could get just those message ID's which
provide the beginning and ending of the job.  Because you don't have
output to file, you would need to either get the information from the
screen or printout.  You could also write a program to copy the spool
file to a database file and then parse the relevant into a database file
for analysis and presentation.

You could do the same procedure for the availability of your interactive
subsystems.  You would need to review your history and abstract out the
various message ID's which will give you the information you require.

I hope that I haven't oversimplified your situation.

Regards,
Andy Nolen-Parkhouse

> Subject: Re: R: System availability statistics
>
> Generally, statistics for when the AS400 is up and people can access
data
> (QINTER is up and running and we are not in a restricted state or some
> other "mode" that may restrict access to files). Also, we have several
> jobs that run which provide a "gateway" for special access to files.
If