They won't have records sizes. But do they have a record separator? Like
CRLF? EDI has standard definitions and maybe there's a limit to the length
of a particular piece of the packet. Just tried with a file first in PC
record separation (CRLF), then UNIX style (LF only). As long as the count
between separators is less than the physical's record length, you get
individual records for each separator with FTP.

If there are no separators, then you're left with going to the IFS, I
think. Scott's idea of reading the IFS file directly has much merit, and
can be done in RPG. It could simplify things a little, as you would not
need to reconstruct things as I suspect you do now when it wraps.