Jenny:
We have a commercial product that does what you are trying to do.
Basically it sounds like you are converting the spool file to text and
then emailing.  That will work for most, but not all spool files.  Our
product also converts the spool files to PDF, RTF or HTM formats.  So I
would suggest you find some utility (or write one) that will convert the
spool file to either RTF or PDF and then email it.  Good luck.
cjg

Carl J. Galgano
EDI Consulting Services, Inc.
550 Kennesaw Avenue, Suite 800
Marietta, GA  30060
(770) 422-2995 - voice
(419) 730-8212 - fax
mailto:cgalgano@ediconsulting.com
http://www.ediconsulting.com
AS400 EDI, Networking, E-Commerce and Communications Consulting and
Implementation
http://www.icecreamovernight.com
Premium Ice Cream Brands shipped Overnight
FREE AS/400 Timesharing Service -
http://www.ediconsulting.com/timeshare.html
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know" - rw