        At least on our campus mainframe you can ftp to JES.  First you use
CPYSPLF with CTLCHAR(*FCFC) to put your spool file into a data file.  Then
you create a file with JCL pointing to the data file you are going to create
on the mainframe.  I've listed the ftp subcommands and JCL for the mainframe
job I use. The recfm=vba on the first site command enables the first
character in the mainframe.file to be a print control character.
        I suspect that you will have to play around with the JCL since
mainframe shops vary quite a bit.  The MISSORT procedure is a canned
procedure for the syncsort utility.  If your shop doesn't have syncsort,
there are other utilities you can use although I can't remember what they
are off-hand.

ftp subcommands:

username password

ebcdic

quote site lrecl=260 blksize=23476 recfm=vba pri=300 sec=10
        <!-- This sets the characteristics for the mainframe file that holds
your AS/400 output -->

put library/outputfile.outputmbr mainframe.file

quote site lrecl=80 blksize=23440 recfm=fb file=jes
        <!-- Points output to JES reader -->

put jcllib/jclfile.jclmbr
        <!-- Send your JCL with a put statement -->
quit

JCL

//J319443 JOB (XXXXXX),MURPHY,MSGCLASS=Z,TIME=(00,02)
/*JOBPARM LINES=0010,ROOM=894
/*ROUTE PRINT RMT4
//STEP1 EXEC MISSORT,SRTSPAC=15,RGN=2048K
//SORTIN  DD DSN=MURPHY.MAINFRAME.FILE,DISP=(OLD,DELETE,KEEP)
//SORTOUT DD SYSOUT=(Y,,LBD1),
//      DCB=(LRECL=260,BLKSIZE=23476,RECFM=VBA),
//      COPIES=001
//SYSIN DD *
 SORT FIELDS=COPY
/*