Steve,

>the LPP being transferable must be wrong.

No, it is transferable, but only if the seller is willing to transfer it.  It is
not automatic as it is with the OS on V4+.  In this case, IBM most likely has no
intention of transfering any LPP's with the system.

Regarding the earlier post of whether you need the actual paper PoE or just the
machine serial number, as I understand it you need the paper copy of the PoE.

Think of it like a car title.  Knowing the VIN is not sufficient; you need to
have the paper title to prove ownership.  If you don't have the LPP PoE's, then
you don't have Proof of Entitlement and the LPP's were not transfered with the
system.

By the same token, a used 5xx machine in the P30 tier without LPP's transferred
would be a poor value indeed, unless all you needed was a box with no LPP's.

Doug