Hi John,

Beats me.

The code that I got to work does things a little differently.

Hope it helps.

Steve Richter

Private mConn As ADODB.Connection
Private mIdxConn As AD400.Connection
Private mIdx As AD400.Index
Private mCmd As ADODB.Command
Private mRcdSet As ADODB.Recordset
Dim Rcds As Variant
Dim Parms As Variant

'open the AD400.Connection, then OpenIndex the AD400.Index
 Set mIdxConn = New AD400.Connection
 mIdxConn.Open msSourceSystem, "", ""
 Set mIdx = mIdxConn.OpenIndex(msLibName + "." + msFileName, _
                               msLibName + "." + msFileName)

'Open the ADODB.Connection
 Set mConn = New ADODB.Connection
 sOpenCmds = "Provider=" + msProvider + ";Data source=" + _
   msSourceSystem + ";"
 mConn.Open sOpenCmds, "", ""

'Use ADODB.Command.Execute to open the file thru the ADODB.Connection
'( I have no idea why )
 Set mCmd = New ADODB.Command
 Set mCmd.ActiveConnection = mConn
 mCmd.Properties("Updatability") = DBPROPVAL_UP_INSERT + _
                                   DBPROPVAL_UP_DELETE + _
                                   DBPROPVAL_UP_CHANGE
 mCmd.CommandText = "/QSYS.LIB/" + msLibName + ".LIB/" + msFileName + _
                    ".FILE(*FIRST, *NONE)"
 mCmd.Parameters.Append mCmd.CreateParameter("P1", adChar, adParamInput, 1)

'Execute the whatever cmd, get back a reference to an ADODB.Recordset
 Set mRcdSet = mCmd.Execute(Rcds, Parms, adCmdTable)