Terry,

Some thoughts:

The purchase of an AS/400 changed with V4R1.  Previously, the operating
system and program products were licensed separately.  With V4R1 this
changed and the OS (but not the LPP's) were bundled with the hardware.
If this machine was officially upgraded on IBM's books to V4R3, then you
would be entitled to use the OS by purchasing the hardware.  Under
normal circumstances, the licensed program products would _not_ follow.
If V3R7 is officially installed on that machine (regardless of what CD's
are in the box), then the OS would not come with the machine.

Getting compilers by PTF?  I don't think so.  Do you have specifics on
that?

Regardless of the current OS, you would obtain upgrades by purchasing a
software subscription.  Software subscription is priced by processor
tier.  Within the Model 400 line, processor #2130 is P05, #2131, #2132,
and #2133 are P10.  Prices used to be $600/year for P05 and $2,000/year
for the P10.  I don't know what they are now.

If you want to do this, prepare for battle; IBM has great difficulty in
processing transactions like this.  Find out what IBM thinks is
installed on that serial number.

Regards,
Andy