From: Buck Calabro [mailto:Buck.Calabro@commsoft.net]
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 3:32 PM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: RE: batch validation list update

>>Dan wondered:
>>
>>So I take it that no one on this list knows how to populate
>>a validation list that was created using the 'crtvldl' command,
>>other then 1 at a time thru the http *admin server?

Buck thought that the archives might help.

Dan said:
>Actually I read a lot in the archives and on the IBM pages.
>The thread on this list was for updating the user list from
>a web page when someone signed up. It was not for a batch process.
>
>So something as simple as batch updating
>a list, is made very complex?

Basically, it's a matter of calling the IBM supplied API with the right
parameters.  Where I was looking at the problem, we're looking to avoid the
interactive HTTP *admin server and drive this via a program call, so click
on "add a user" and run some underlying CGI that calls the API that adds the
user/password.  I thought that this was what you were after - having a
program add entries to a validation list.  I guess I was confused (and not
for the first time!)

Anyway, for the archives, the API's are
QsyAddValidationLstEntry
QsyVerifyValidationLstEntry
QsyRemoveValidationLstEntry

Documentation can be found at
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/pubs/html/as400/v5r1/ic2924/info/apis/sec6.htm

I apologise if I misunderstood the request.  I do think these APIs will help
deal with programmatic handling of validation list entries.
  --buck