Martin,

Not sure if this is the source, but in a few years back I posted a
chkifsobj
command to the Midrange Computing's forums. Based on the source
dates it looks like March of 1999. That command is part of the
iSeries-toolkit now. If your supports a data authority parameter, that

is the likely source. I use quite a bit to determine whether the files

exists and the user has authority to overwrite it.

Unfortunately, the build for the iSeries toolkit did not include the
CRTCMD command so the command object is missing. I will put
in a fix for the next release, in the meantime it is a simple compile.

To download the whole toolkit go to
http://iseries-toolkit.sourceforge.net

David Morris

To download the source and create this command yourself go to:

>>> klemscot@klements.com 01/23/02 09:00AM >>>

Probably...   I know I wrote the command called "CHKIFSOBJ" that's on
my system :)

...but the original poster was looking for a CL solution.  CHKIFSOBJ
is written in RPG...