Amen to that, David.

Would you believe that IBM told a client that they would NOT sell them a new
software subscription, since they had gotten their subscription through a
BP? This BP had left them at V3R7, and then announced that this year's W2
software required at least V4R3!!! IBM told these folks that they would
provide the CD's to upgrade only on the condition that a CE was part of the
package at $240/hr. To make things even more interesting, the machine is a
Model 500 with 256MB of memory and their 11GB of DASD was 80% full. Very
slow even in the best of circumstances.

To make a long story short, I got the CD's from a friend who shall remain
unnamed and upgraded them all the way to V4R5. The whole process took 27
hours, not including the SAVSYS once we were up to V4R3. I charged less than
half of the IBM rate, since 90% of the time was spent watching the CD's
spin, but you can do the math and see why this client is angry at his BP,
and more than a little irritated at IBM.

BTW, I left Buell Duncan a voice mail message before I embarked upon this
journey. I'm still waiting for his call.

Paul Nelson
Braxton-Reed, Inc.
877-777-2729 Office
630-327-8665 Cell