We had a customer a while back when we upgraded their OS/400 from V4R3
to V4R4, and the tape drive seemed to only work occasionally.
If we did a SAVLIB of one small library it would work fine, if we did
something larger like a SAVSYS it would fail.  It was because this
customer had a 3rd party tape drive emulating some device, but it could
not handle optimum blocking.  On this upgrade (and I thought it was V4R3
to V4R4, but I may be off one release), the default had been changed.

Perhaps try doing the backup without the optimum blocking?  Not sure,
its only a thought.

    Pete


--
Pete Massiello
OS Solutions International
Phone: (203)-744-7854  Ext 11.
http://www.os-solutions.com
mailto:pmassiello@os-solutions.com





As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

This thread ...

Replies:

Follow On AppleNews
Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2022 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact [javascript protected email address].

Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.