Booth Martin wrote:

> --
> I'd take the liberty of suggesting "loyalty" may be the wrong.  Maybe it
> should be called "satisfied customers" or "getting the job done"?

I did leave that out but not on purpose...

> The way you've worded your response I come away feeling you were really
> saying "those too stupid to move forward".  I see it quite the opposite.  I
> see businesses staying with a winner.  Once they see what the IBM midrange
> offers and it being repeated decade after decade, they stay there.

I agree 100%... given the number of boxes I have sold and installed, I
meant
nothing negative in any of my statements. A statement I have made for a
number of years is, "IBM makes money in spite of everything they can
do".

I have been and remain a large midrange supporter.