> I've visited this link a few times ....
JT - I beleive the way it works (good or bad) is that you have to sign up
for the
iSeries Services Network to get the details. I signed up last night & got
the details
emailed to me today. Would be nice if the iNation page was a little
clearer...
Has anyone on this list completed app & received a machine? I've been aware
of
IBM's 1% deal thru PartnerWorld for many years & have participated. This
looks
to be a slight variation.  Here is a clip from the email today, describing
program:

The IBM iSeries Integrator Lease Program enables iSeries systems
integrators, consultants, web integrators, and services providers to
acquire the latest iSeries technology at affordable rates in order to
develop the skills and familiarity of their staff with this technology. It
can also be used to develop new solutions,  proof of concepts, new services
methodologies, customize applications, conduct demonstrations and other
such activities that will develop your iSeries services business. It is not
to be used as a production system on which to run your business or your
customer's business. </clip>

There are 3 hardware options, and the 1070 cpw Andrew described is
option 2 or 3. Option 1 is 150 cpw w/25 interactive (not enough for
Websphere Commerce).

the reason for the 3 references is <quote>Have an active iSeries services
practice as evidenced by 3 current customer references.</quote>

<opinion>nothing is free - ibm expects you to use these tools to bring them
(and yourself) more business. Part of the application asks you to describe
how you will do that. It's no big deal.

Looking at the app, the details seem a bit more expensive than the <quote
from iNation page>
Under this pilot...for as little as$160.00 per mth, or purchased less than
$8,000.00. </quote>
I need to get details from them.
I'll repeat the signature from my details: (Jim Baker) and does say "email
preferred".
Program Manager, iSeries Services Network
    Dept  PFVA, Bldg 025-2
    Rochester MN 55901
    Office (507) 253-4758     TL  553-4758     FAX  553-4884
    jrbaker@us.ibm.com

jim franz