What I suspected IBM was trying to do was claim they were doing this over
the internet but use the same slow modem and configure it to use PPP versus
SNA.  Granted, the TCP/IP will run faster than SNA using the same hardware,
but the real payback would be to use our high speed internet connections.

Benjamin Franklin

                    "Andrew Borts"
                    <Andrewb@SETACORPOR       To:     <midrange-l@midrange.com>
                    ATION.com>                cc: