THANKS, DON...!

THAT was the formula I was LOOKING for...!  (And now I can quadruple my
billing rate...;-)

I would suggest one small modification.  In my experience, if you're talking
platform conversions:  Multiply the previously calculated estimate by the
number of people involved in the project *AND/OR* number of new programming
paradigms that need to be learned.

jt