From: Eric Kempter [mailto:EKempter@norcalwaste.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 4:18 PM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: RE: Query Manager Prompting

When I attempt to add the variable within Query Manager to the select
statement (:variable), I receive an error - Host variable not permitted
here.  Does anybody know why this is?  I was able to resolve this issue
by converting the QMQRY to SQL and then adding variables (&variable) to
specific points in the WHERE statement.  Although the interface leaves
something to be desired (it looks like a program message display), it
beats presenting the user with a select records screen within a query
and it allows retrieval of the variables just before it submits to
batch.