<<Can I just confirm that the SAVSYS command DOES NOT do a SAVLIB(*IBM) ? I
know option 22 does, but we have a backup and media utility (written in
house) that uses the SAVSYS command in it's weekly and monthly backups. We
only use the GO SAVE menu options for things like full saves immediately
prior to an upgrade.>>

from F1-Help on SAVSYS
The Save System (SAVSYS) command saves a copy of the Licensed
Internal Code and the QSYS library in a format compatible with the
installation of the AS/400 system.  It does not save objects from
any other library.  In addition, it saves security and configuration
objects that can also be saved using the Save Security Data
(SAVSECDTA) and Save Configuration (SAVCFG) commands.

from F1-Help on SAVLIB
 *IBM
 Saves all system (IBM) libraries except for the following:
 QDOC         QGPL38         QSRV       QUSRIJS
 QDOCxxxx     QPFRDATA       QSYS       QUSRINFSKR
 QDSNX        QRCL           QS36F      QUSRRDARS
 QGPL         QRECOVERY      QTEMP      QUSRSYS
 QINMEDIA     QRPLOBJ        QUSER38    QUSRVxRxMx
 QINPRIOR     QSPL           QUSRADSM
 QINSYS       QSPLxxxx       QUSRBRM

Regards,        Rod Orr