Rob, Bob, Fritz, Evan, et al...

WOW...!

You da MAN...!  You da MAN...!

(I figured somebody out there was doing these kinds of things.)

I've only followed this thread loosely, but I had the understanding that BCC
(or perhaps some other 3rd party) offered tape drives with FULL parallel
saves.. like 3 or 4 years ago...  I haven't looked into this lately,
however.

Also, I haven't followed developments in SAN closely (don't see much
value-add for iSeries)...  But I did see where mainframe SHARK has added, or
will have very shortly, high-speed disk-copy (high-speed disk-mirroring?)
for backup purposes.  Don't know if or how that translates to iSeries.  I
understand SHARK is, or soon will be, available for iSeries, but probably
gonna cost out pretty high...

Finally, Rob...  I thought I saw something about high-speed fiber-connect up
to xxx meters (but I think less than the 1/2 mile distance recommended to
avoid tornados).

jt