In v5r1 the 400 can actually replace the NT as the primary login
controller.
( http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/netserver/primarylogon.htm )

-------------------------
 Bryan Dietz
3X Corporation

                    "Walden H.
                    Leverich"                 To:     midrange-l@midrange.com
                    <WaldenL@TechSoftIn       cc:
                    c.com>                    Subject:     RE: Want to replace
Nt server
                    Sent by:
                    midrange-l-admin@mi
                    drange.com

                    11/17/2001 06:17 PM
                    Please respond to
                    midrange-l

As long as the login script isn't on the server he's trying to replace,
this
will work. But, AFAIK, there is no concept of a login script on the 400.

-Walden

PS. This e-mail was typed by my 4 1/2 year old daughter, I told her what
keys to press, she pressed them.
PPS. The preceding PS was NOT typed by Samantha, I'm patient, but not THAT
patient <G>

Walden H Leverich III
President
Tech Software