<snip>

James,

I'm gonna put my arm around your shoulder and try to gently explain a few
things.  I've read a lot more about you than you've read about me.  I know
your a good writer, for example, and IIRC from the AAG you have experience
in setting up 501(c) corps.

Being a good writer, you KNOW that the first paragraph sets the tone for the
rest of the piece.  I suggest you tone down the rhetoric.  If I didn't know
better, I'd think you were trying to impress somebody.

You don't know me well enough to presume that I need a history lesson.  You
filled in a few minor details, in your history lesson, but didn't tell me
significantly more than I already knew.  I occasionally touch base on your
website, that Leslie pointed us to over a year ago.  (Notice it hasn't
changed, since then, for example.)

> BTW, I HAVE the intellectual property rights and the OSS
> community respects that
> and it is a fundamental concept of the OSS model.  Now I'm -not-
> willing to
> argue this till doomsday, but IMHO you just don't get it.

I saw the discussions on the OpenERP400, about this.  Noticed that it's not
so clear-cut, from your posts and also others who posted at that time.  But
I'm not into discussing the legality end of it either...

But what I will say is that, from what I have gleaned, you own the WyattERP
project, intellectually.  It sure appears to be YOUR "baby", but ICBW.

But one thing I CAN assure you is that you don't understand what I'm saying,
sufficiently, to know whether I get it or not.  So this post comes across
mainly as a lot of heated rhetoric...

> PS please, for the subscribers that receive the digest version,
> snip out the
> parts not relevant.  It's a courtesy thing.  It's a good thing. :)

...And I suggested that taking this topic out of the Tech list would also be
a courtesy thing, already.